- [From Seth Godin] Avoid Being a Wandering Generality
After his first best-selling book, he nearly quit writing. You may recognize the “unknown” author who inspired Seth Godin to keep publishing.
- Don’t Defer Your Dreams | Advice from Sam Altman
The founder of OpenAI offers insightful advice for entrepreneurs and business leaders on building with conviction and being curious.
- The Success in Amazon Enormous Fire Phone Failure
Out of the ashes of the Fire Phone came multiple successful products from hardware to a service tool used all over the world today.
- Marshall Goldsmith: Teamwork and How to Talk Better
In a wisdom-packed conversation, one of the world’s leading executive coaches offers insights on effective team work and leadership.
- Why a Good Tag-Line Beats Great Engineering
The story of Swytch Bike founder Oliver Montague unlocking the value of his engineering skills by building a brand.
- Two Stories on Secrets to Learning Faster
Instead of learning lessons the hard way, smart people find stories from others. Here are few examples that have stuck with me.
- Inventing a New Product – 3 Mistakes to Avoid
The top lessons from my experience inventing new products and advice for finding clearer focus for your goals.
- 50 things I’ve learned this year (2022)
Feed the pigs so they’re ready to fly. It can take 1,000 days before a business succeeds. Set up easy systems so you can keep going.
- Can Snapchat’s Drone compete with the iPhone?
Why Snap Inc keeps making hardware even if it could lose money.
- How Dyson wins by ignoring market research
The famous home goods company got started by making products that customers said they didn’t want.
- A Most Practical Weekly Review
Taking the time to learn from the past week’s experience offers enormous benefits. Here are the most valuable questions to ask each week.
- The Year’s Most Powerful Quotes
These ideas stood out as the best things I read, discovered, and revisited in 2021, along with the actionable advice I took away.