I work on diverse products from wearables to drones to consumer hardware.
This platform allows me to share my experiences and illuminate lessons I discover.
50 things I’ve learned this year (2022)
How to do One Energizing Thing, Leading versus Walking, and why you should “feed the pigs so they learn to fly” – this list includes ideas, high impact quotes, and a few illustrations.
Top 15 Fantastic Books of 2022
My favorites from the year’s big stack of books, including celebrity auto-biographies, terrific fiction, and inspiring true stories. From the top of the list: (3) Made to Stick (2) Humor, Seriously (1) Invention: A Life
Three Mistakes to Avoid when Inventing a New Product
The top lessons from my experience inventing new products and advice for finding clearer focus for your goals.
Recent Activities (2022)
- Slowly building the Stop Time Clock
- Bikepacking the Oregon Outback (May 2021)
- We built a climbing wall in our garage! (2020)
I have worked in product development professionally for over ten years, but I also like to build fun projects on the side.
I get so curious about new technologies that I often have to mess around with them myself. My favorite project to date is a 6 foot flower we built to raise awareness for Hunger Action Month.
My Latest Writing
- Yvon Chouinard’s Valuable Insights in the Art of LivingWhat a mountain climber can teach us about pursuing excellence
- [Mini Katana Founder] Isaac Medeiros on Short-Video led Massive GrowthThe dominance of short-form videos and TikTok opens the door to new content and styles with the ability to reach millions of people.
- The Most Useful Lessons from Studio Neat’s Successful Product LaunchesThe advice Tom Gerhadt shared with a community of makers on how to build products for your community and get feedback quickly.